Monday, October 3, 2011

Sleep? We don't need no stinkin' sleep!

Oh man.  Since his shots last week, we've had two nights of waking up every two hours.  Except for last night, when he decided to wake up every two hours for a while and then went to every hour.  That was fun.  Poor baby.  The nurse said the rotovirus vaccine could cause an upset tummy for up to two weeks.  I've made a pot of mint tea so that should help if it is his tummy.  I hope it was just a fluke, although he did seem a little sad.  Molds are really high here right now (you know, from all of the rain we've been getting....) and he had a bit of a snotty nose last night, too.  I can't seem to get anything out with the aspirator. I'm tempted to buy one of these.  Maybe that's what was bothering him.  Of course, he will sleep for hours if one of us is holding him.  Mommy is not down with that at night though.  When that happens, I don't get sleep.  If I don't get sleep, it's difficult to function and make sound decisions in taking care of Mr. Felix.  Sigh.  I know he needs to sleep more, I just wish he could.

I forgot to post pictures from his one month photo shoot.  Here he is at one month.



I didn't think he had grown much until I saw the pacifier in his mouth.  That sucker is huge!  The t-shirt he is wearing was given to us by our sweet neighbors, The Sullivans (Jake, Paula, Jarrett, Brian, and Clayton).  Paula was very sick with cancer and they went on one last family vacation to Port Aransas just after Felix was born.  She was so sweet to think of Felix and brought him this cute little shirt.  Sadly, Miss Paula passed away on August 25th.  Her son, Brian, brought the shirt over to us and said how appropriate it was that Felix's first outing (aside from doctor visits) was the morning she passed.  We saw Brian that morning as he was on his way to be with his mother.  Paula is certainly missed by everyone who had the pleasure of knowing her. 

Felix is 9 weeks, 5 days old

1 comment:

Michele said...

I love keeping up with your blog. Sweet Felix is such an angel. Thanks for keeping us updated on new parental life and how Felix is growing. Love y'all!