Friday, August 1, 2008

Re: Comments and an Update

Hola, Brooke here...

I love that people are posting comments, thanks! I am glad to know that people are actually reading this thing.

For Kristin...Par Que is butter girlfriend! ;-) You are close though, it's porque. I use that one a lot.

Michele - Sadly, Dora did not fit in the backpack. I have seen many Dora's here though and she always makes me smile. :-)

And to Weldon, we haven't been posting because we spent the last 2 1/2 days being sick. At least I did. Feliz Cumpleanos a mi, right? So here is an update after eating Tlyuadas with Alex...

I went to class the next morning, Sammer met up with his new buddy Carlos, we came home and ate lunch, then I was getting excited to go out to eat for my birthday that night and Montezuma reared his ugly head. I hate that guy. I finished an entire book in 3 days because I didn't really leave the house. Sammer, being the sweet guy that he is (I mean, super-tough-masculine man), went to the store and stocked up on supplies to make me feel better. It worked and I'm all good now.

Tomorrow, we are going to a small party at Carlos' house with his family. Carlos is a guy we met through my Spanish tutor, Laura (that is him on the left, in case you weren't sure of the other two). He lives in San Diego but is here visiting his family and wanted to practice his English. Laura hooked him up with Sammer, who wants to practice Spanish but doesn't need a tutor or class. Carlos is really great and super nice, we like him a lot. I'm sure we'll post something about the awesome fiesta tomorrow.

One more thing...A parade came down our street last night at 11:30 pm. Loud, booming fireworks, a band, a queen and all. I am not making this up.

Tamale guy is here, gotta go! xoxo!

1 comment:

pfb said...

Hi guys. Well, I unofficially graduated Friday. Now all I gots to do is shake off my two day drunken haze and get paperwork done. So, I'll now be able to read your blog from the beginning. See you soon.