Friday, September 16, 2011

Felix's First Concert! And a poop!

Sammer and I decided to sell our ACL wristbands this year since Mr. Felix is so new. I was really (irrationally) upset about this at first, and as I sit on my back porch overhearing ACL right now, I still am. Just a little. I mean, let's face it, I can't even go to Target alone without rushing home because I missed little Boo Boo. But we have been to every single ACL, except for when we were traveling, and this is the 10 year anniversary and hello, STEVIE WONDER is playing! Felix is way better than Stevie though.

So this morning KUT had a benefit for something or other at The Four Seasons and we actually got to go! We got there for the last band, North Mississippi All Stars, and Felix was a dream. He was a dream because he pooped this morning! And also, my friend KK gave me some wise advice - if I'm about to go somewhere and he is falling asleep or it is nap time, put him in the car seat to nap. I did, and he napped for a long time. Success! (He has decided that he is not really a fan of the car seat these days. Sad face from Mom.)

We met up with the Pudd's (Katie, Corey and Darcy), Katie's friend Jenny and her family, and Jonathan and Laura. It was so fun! After the show it started raining (gasp!) and we headed to Daddy's work to show off. Here he is at his first concert. As you can tell, he gets his giant hands from me.


And now for the poop....I swear he knows when I am going to stick something in his butt. This is good! I was preparing the poop station this morning - our least favorite hospital blanket on the changing pad, old apron on me, 5 billion wipes and two wet washcloths at the ready, cloth diapers under the blanket for when the blanket got too disgusting, thermometer and Vaseline ready to go. Oh plus a new diaper. I bring him over and put him on the changing pad and smell poo. Well his toots smell like this, too, so I just figured he tooted since he hasn't pooped in a full week. Then I pulled up his nightgown and saw a huge, bulging diaper. He pooped! It was everywhere, even on his tummy, but I could care less. He could have pooped all over me, as long as he pooped. He's napped nicely and been an absolute dream all day. Here's hoping he sleeps for a couple of decent time blocks tonight! Ha ha ha ha.

Felix is 7 weeks, 2 days old

No comments: